Friday, July 23, 2010

Working on my Film...

I keep getting asked "Miya why are you still tattooing?" I'm still tattooing because it seems like the people are now starting to understand the art of tattooing more and the demand for my services is at an all time high...so I can stop now... With "scratchers" and more people trying to be tattooist, there is more bad low quality in urban America than good body art...plus tattooing is helping me pay for my DREAMS... I have been to the bank many times trying to get business loans... I even tried to get private investors to put money up for other businesses i will be starting... I tattoo to pay for my film project... I tattoo to pay for my private art studio so I can finish my book... I tattoo to feed my family... And I tattoo because I love & respect this art form...the other night we filmed another artist (in Atlanta this time) my homie, Ant formerly of City of ink...he specialize in photo realism...a form of tattooing that is very public these days....Ant shared his story how he went from tattooing at a flea market... To meeting celebrity tattoo artist, Tuki Carter... To getting hired at City of ink... To opening up his own tattoo shop in Riverdale GA...I hope when flea market tattoo artists see his story on this film it will inspire them to leave those types of surroundings and look for better shops to tattoo in or open their own shops that won't fit the stereotypes of "urban tattooing"

















Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

Ms Nita said...

I love dropping by, your art inspires mine. Can't wait for the movie!

Unknown said...

Thats some dope work!