Monday, July 13, 2009

Gill & Lush.....2003



In 2003 I met a couple that really changed how I viewed love and relationships. Gill was an artist (comic book illustrator) and Lush, his wife was a writer. They both were creative souls so I was amazed...I never seen a couple so happy with each other before...and it inspired me. Growing up I didn't really seen men and women communicating with each others as EQUALS...so when I met these 2 special people I wanted to thank them for openings my eyes on what LOVE should look like. They started their own comic book company together and moved down to Texas...I just wanted to share this piece of art I did for them...thank you for giving me an understanding on what men and women love should represent...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a similar experience...I met a lovely tattooed empress and her king a short time ago (franklin ave. days...)and her energy was sooo amazing as was his..very peaceful. She was very eclectic and he was more "normal" I guess? Anyhow,we connected instantly and we talked at length about doing some really dope work on both of their sleeves, (I also HIGHLY suggested you as well if they were ever in the "A"..)when I left the InkSpot that was truly a couple I was upset that I wouldn't link with about work....I know eventually the universe will reunite us, I just remember how much LOVE I felt amongst them and how happy they were with eachother and the comfort you could sense between them, I wondered how that happens...We talked for sooo long about types of stuff-art,culture,life-They were the coolest older couple I'd met It was like an "old soul" reunion...I felt like I knew them in a previous life and we'd met up again in this time...weird?I think NOT!I love days like that..

Unknown said...

Wow I forgot all about this piece.. I still love it . I miss them two . Things aint the same with out them you know?