Saturday, January 31, 2009

Shepard Fairey "OBEY" bombed the city!

I was in Washington, DC this week and I seen the art of Shepard Fairey (of OBEY) all over the city. I'm a collector of his clothing and books, so to see his work of art bombed over the city was very beautiful and inspiring to me. I first seen his work in 1995 or 96 in Philly. It was the Obey Giant piece and it changed my world. Now he is rich and he STILL finds the time to still hit up the city with some of the most beautiful and popular art in the world. My homegirl Imani (from Pinz-N-Needlez) told me she had a secret for me, so me, Tuki, her and Demayne all drove up in the alley and came across a ton of art posted on a wall..ALL from Shepard Fairey. I took a lot of photos before the city decide to take them all down. I will upload them tomorrow but for now I will post up the photos Demyane took of me taking pictures of his work. Mr. Fairey come to ATL, it's needed!...INSPIRE YOUR CITY!...City of Ink

In Washington, DC.....Shepard Fairey OBEYIn Washington, DC.....Shepard Fairey OBEY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.

my web-site: megassuert